East Hills Boys High School (frequently abbreviated to EHBHS) known until 2011 as East Hills Boys Technology High School, is a boys school in Panania, a suburb in south-western Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, on Lucas Road.
It is a single-sex boys high school operated by the New South Wales Department of Education with students from years 7 to 12. The school was established in 1955.
The school was established in 1955 and was officially opened on 26 May 1956 by the Minister for Education, Bob Heffron. The first headmaster from 1955 to his retirement in 1963 was Michael Stephen Cannon. Heffron also officially opened the new assembly hall on 6 August 1959, with the hall subsequently named the "R. J. Heffron Hall" in his honour.
Michael Stephen Cannon, B.A.
L. E. Jones
T. C. Wallis
G. C. Franks
B. S. Byrnes
S. R. Jacob
R. K. Morris
C. J. South
Notable alumni and staff
- Dr John Dale AO - former President of the Australian Dental Association.
- Glenn Brookes – Liberal State MP for East Hills, 2011–date.
- Lyall Gorman – CEO of the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks and former A-League executive.
- Corey Richards – Former member of the New South Wales Cricket Team.
- Ian Thorpe OAM – swimmer; five time Olympic champion, eleven time World Champion, four times World Swimmer of the Year, 2000 Young Australian of the Year
- Mark Waugh AM – former cricketer who held the world record for most catches in Test matches from 2001 until 2009 (181)
- Steve Waugh AO – former captain of Australian cricket team, the most capped Test player and most prolific winning captain in history
- Graham Windeatt – silver medallist in 1500m freestyle at 1972 Summer Olympics
- Bill Collins OAM – former English teacher – film critic and historian, radio and television presenter.
- Peter Hadfield – former sportsmaster – Australian Olympic and Commonwealth decathlon athlete.
- Tracey Menzies – former art and physical education teacher – swimming coach, most known for coaching Ian Thorpe, and at the Australian Institute of Sport.
60th Anniversary Magazine
- EHBHS Magazine - Chapter 1 (PDF 627KB).
- EHBHS Magazine - Chapter 2 (PDF 2400KB).
- EHBHS Magazine - Chapter 3 (PDF 2649KB).
- EHBHS Magazine - Chapter 4 (PDF 2620KB).
- EHBHS Magazine - Chapter 5 (PDF 3184KB).
- EHBHS Magazine - Chapter 6 (PDF 2402KB).
- EHBHS Magazine - Chapter 7 (PDF 1456KB).
- EHBHS Magazine - Chapter 8 (PDF 1788KB).
- EHBHS Magazine - Chapter 9 (PDF 1502KB).
- EHBHS Magazine - Chapter 10 (PDF 2625KB).
- EHBHS Magazine - Chapter 11( PDF 2182KB).