Our school's purpose is to develop caring responsible students who fulfill their potential.
- are responsible for their own learning and have a lifetime love of learning;
- can think critically and analytically and who are skilled in problem solving;
- are confident and effective communicators; are tolerant of difference in all its forms;
- are motivated to strive for excellence; can work independently and in groups;
- and have values, skills and knowledge necessary for personal fulfilment and a positive contribution to society.
We as a community, believe we share the responsibility for ensuring that our students are well educated, happy and responsible young Australians.
School vision and mission
At East Hills Boys High School we believe in a united approach in which students, parents, teachers and the community work to achieve the highest standard of education for every student.
We make learning our number one priority.
- We believe in striving for personal excellence.
- We believe in respecting ourselves, each other and every member of our community.
- We believe in a safe and supportive environment for everyone.
- We believe in being responsible and accountable for our actions.
- We believe in integrity and in being honest and trustworthy.
A message from the principal
We, as a community, believe we share the responsibility for ensuring that our students are well educated, happy and responsible young Australians.
Our school is characterised by:
- The pursuit of academic excellence;
- a commitment by the school community to develop students who are responsible for their own learning and have a love of learning;
- the valuing of cultural diversity;
- the belief that all students have the right to succeed at school;
- the recognition of a wide range of student, staff and community achievement; and
- the acknowledgement that everything we do is judged by its impact on student learning.
The school's learning programs are student focused and outcomes based. In partnership with our community we have articulated the following expectations.
We expect students will be:
- Responsible for their own learning;
- motivated to strive for excellence;
- capable to work individually or in groups;
- confident in using technology in all its forms;
- successful communicators who can analyse data and think critically;
- involved in a variety of school activities;
- enjoy their schooling through the development of values, skills and knowledge necessary for personal fulfilment and a positive contribution to society.
We expect that staff will:
- Be caring with students;
- never give up on a student;
- have high expectations of students;
- communicate honestly with parents;
- provide meaningful learning experiences for all students;
- continually seek to improve their teaching;
- carefully monitor and document student progress;
- work as a team; and
- support school-community initiatives.
East Hills Boys High School is set in pleasant well maintained grounds in a quiet residential area.
Our environment is conducive to positive learning and reflects community pride in our school. The school community is developing an inclusive culture based on a commitment to equal rights and opportunities for all.
The school motto, ‘Servio', is Latin for service and devotion.
These attributes are expected of each student at East Hills Boys High School in everything they do.
The quadrants of the school crest represent a commitment to excellence in sport, academic and social endeavours.
Teachers and students abide by the motto, service and devotion. We are devoted to achieving outstanding results in sport, academic and social endeavours. We live and learn together in a harmonious community, while all sharing a common goal.