Information Processes and Technology
Information Processes and Technology is the study of information-based systems. It focuses on information processes performed by these systems and the information technology that allows them to take place. Social, ethical and non-computer procedures resulting from the processes are considered. Different types of information systems are studied. Through project work, students will create their own information system to meet an identified need.
What students learn
- Introduction to Information Skills and Systems
- Tools for Information Processes
- Developing Information Systems
- Information Systems and Databases
- Communication Systems
Option Strands – Students will study TWO of the following options:
- Transaction Processing Systems
- Decision Support Systems
- Automated Manufacturing Systems
- Multimedia Systems.
A significant proportion of time is devoted to integrated practical activities.