Special Education Faculty
In the Special Education Faculty (SEF) at East Hills Boys High School, staff strive to deliver a mainstream syllabus, where possible, to our students. As a result, the curriculum is modified where necessary, and delivered in a safe, nurturing environment.
Staff and SLSO’s:
- Deliver modified curriculum to your children
- Work towards relevant stage/age outcomes
- Develop and nurture independent life skills
- Provide a safe learning environment for your children
- Identify and develop strategies to achieve individual social, academic and personal goals
- Create opportunities for students to strive and excel through individualised learning
Ms J. Murphy - Head Teacher
Ms V. Bell
Ms M. Crowley
Ms T. Harvey
Mr D. Williams
Mrs C. Hng
Mrs W. Wang
Mrs I. Doughan
Mrs K. Vigenser
Mrs A. Trevaskis
Miss J. Al Sudani
Mrs L. Brooker
Mr. F Pineiro
We are proud to offer a variety of programs that supplement daily learning, and further develop students’ life skills, particularly working towards independent living and self regulation of emotions.
Special Programs - See tabs for more information
> Community Access program- fortnightly experience which fosters and develops life skills in students. Specifically, travel training, working with money and communication skills.
>Modified sports program- alternative sport program which enables noise and crowd sensitive students to participate in whole grade/elective sport in a smaller, supported environment
> Sensory program- time integrated into lessons where students have the opportunity to reset to re-engage with learning.
> SEF camp- an annual camp providing students an opportunity to join in the development milestone of high school, whilst developing independence and building of life skills